Home page button

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Update on Miss Maggie

Update on the update:
Sad news:  Late last night to my surprise I came out to the rabbitry to find Miss Maggie had indeed kindled. Very sad to say this delivery/litter did not go well.  There were 4 delivered but none made it.  I'm guessing since she kindled late, for her, maybe they were a bit large and caused a difficult delivery.  I was up until 2:00 a.m. trying to help one survive.   I'm hoping Lily kindles safely in one week and we still get some kits from our show quality line this month.

************
I know some have been following waiting for an update on Miss Maggie (aka Bauer's Fullhouse) and her anticipated litter.  Well, the reason there has been nothing posted is because there has yet to be a litter born.
At this point I am starting to wonder.  It's only day 32 of her pregnancy but she is known for usually kindling on day 30.  I am not entirely ruling out the possibility of her still being pregnant (with the seriousness and eagerness with which she got right to work preparing the nest box still in mind).  However, I am wondering if there is a chance it was a false pregnancy or for some reason it naturally terminated.  I will post any updates!
I hope she still surprises us with a litter.  If not we will give her a couple weeks and then breed her to Mr. Hawthorne (aka Spirit's Thor).

On a positive note, we did breed Lily (WolfSongs B3A) to Hawthorne in February.  So, we still have a good chance for some Mini Lop kits born this month with good show quality potential.  If their breeding was successful she'd be due a week from tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from you! Thank you for your comment.